Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Setting for best graphical experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I bought a pc with the intention of running emulators to the max, my specs are a core i5 4690k, a gtx 970 and 8 gigs of ram, now there are a lot of graphical setting and some people say that you don't need to max everything because after some point there is no deference or you are wasting gpu power for no gain, so I would love if you guys could help me in tuning my setting to the max without overdoing them if you know what I mean, my screen is 1080P by the way.
I also have a 1080 display and the same processor/ graphics card. I personally use the opengl backend with 3x IR, 8x AA, and 16x AF. I also use per pixel lighting, and another setting I can't think of off the top of my head. I don't use widescreen hack, or V-sync. Make sure you update your 970's drivers, because that activates what use to be known as the vertex stream hack. It's the reason why Nvidia cards usually give better performance in openly. If you plan on playing demanding games like Super Mario Galaxy/ Twilight Princess, make sure your 4690k is overclocked.
Ok thanks for the help!