Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 6554 using WAY too much memory, and takes forever to load games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Munk-E

So, whenever I try to play PM netplay, ever since the switch to 6554, dolphin's been running like shit. I thought it was just the new version, but I asked around and most people say it uses 500-800 megs of memory, while mine uses 3-4 gigs.
http://gyazo.com/3cbf4b1083bea866fd74bd25ce9addaa

Also, it sometimes takes like a minute and a half for the game to load, which is a problem no one else really seems to have. I chalked this up to having an old 5400 RPM hard drive, but now I'm not to sure.

I tried downloading it again, but it's the same deal. I never had this problem with 652.

I just tested something though. Project M 3.5 only takes up like a gig of memory when it's on, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Munk-E

Okay seriously, now this just happened http://gyazo.com/24403c13ce6ed2d59e0c60edb87b953c

this is ridiculous. It takes upwards of a minute to load, and my computer runs like shit when it's open. How do I fix this? what is wrong? does anyone actuallyu use these forums?
That is strange, because Dolphin is only supposed to use up to 2 gigs of ram. I don't know what to tell you other than to download the latest development version instead of 6554. It is pretty much only a few members that post in the forums now. Most people only post when they have a problem then just go inactive.

Munk-E

Okay, I just want to update this, because this is really weird. So anther's ladder updated to 7161, and I just tried it for the first time, and for the first time in months, i was able to load Project M 3.6 in less than 20 seconds, and it was only using 800 megabytes of memory! So that was great and a huge relief.

The weird part is just after that I played another match, and this guy hadn't updated yet, so we had to play on 6554. But when that happened, it loaded instantly, and was only using 700-800 megabytes of memory too! I mean, I guess this solves my problem, but I figure I'd tell you guys for any bugfixing this might assist.
Probably a bad shader cache issue.

Munk-E

Sorry to necro an old thread, but the problem's come up again. This time on 7840. What's this Shader Cache? How do I fix it? I purged dolphin's cache, but that didn't help at all, is this separate?