Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone Interested in a Dolphin-Fi Server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been messing around with this server emulator for the past month or so:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator

I created a local server and from my (somewhat limited) testing, the server seems to run great! Big Grin

So, basically what I'm wondering has anyone ever considered opening a server specifically for Dolphin users? I say this because by default Dolphin is banned from servers like wiimmfi, and problems like wiimmfi's new 7-day registration system. Don't get me wrong this isn't a request or anything like that. I'd happily create my own server if absolutely necessary. My main question above all else is, would anyone here be interested in something like this? I understand hacking would be a problem but for me personally I'd probably just want to stick to friend lobbies anyway.

What do you guys think? Smile

EDIT: it seems the Dolphin NAND Generator is blocked on wiimmfi as well so maybe this is more necessary than I thought...

agoodname22

If such a thing is possible, I'd love it! My wii hates my Mario Kart Disc for some reason, and I need more Mario Kart online in my life.
I would be interested in this, as I too do not like the Wiimmfi 7 day waiting. I enjoy playing Mario Kart Wii online. I believe that since Wiimmfi seems to be making it difficult for Dolphin users to play (although I understand why), there needs to be a separate server setup.
Interestingly, I was going to host the first public test server for that software last year, however due to unexpected problems/delays it didn't work out. If there is support for a Dolphin public server though and people would use it, I wouldn't mind setting one up.
I need this haha! dont like the wiimmfi so much... Big Grin
According to the fellow English brothers, it doesn't even take that much processing power nor RAM to run a Mario Kart Wii online server. [citation needed] I'm very confident someone with a spare VPS will be more than willing to host such a server.