Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could my hardware be the reason my wiimote isn't working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have an issue that I could use some help with.  I'm running the newest version of Dolphin with a DolphinBar and a real Wiimote Motion+.  I can run Resident Evil 4 - Wii fine, but when I try to run Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2, no cursor shows up on the screen.  The game registers it when I press A or B, but the pointer simply doesn't work.

I have a thread going in the "Controller" forum, but I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem, and my computer isn't somehow powerful enough to run the DolphinBar with the Galaxy games?  It doesn't seem likely that's the issue (if my computer isn't powerful enough, it should just affect framerate, right?), but I'm trying to troubleshoot here.

My CPU is an Intel i3-4150 with 6.0 GB of RAM, and my GPU is a Nvidia GTX 745.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
(07-21-2015, 09:42 AM)bacchuspup Wrote: [ -> ]I have a thread going in the "Controller" forum, but I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem, and my computer isn't somehow powerful enough to run the DolphinBar with the Galaxy games?

That doesn't make sense. Sensor bars only require a power source, they're not affected by how powerful your computer is.
(07-21-2015, 05:11 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2015, 09:42 AM)bacchuspup Wrote: [ -> ]I have a thread going in the "Controller" forum, but I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem, and my computer isn't somehow powerful enough to run the DolphinBar with the Galaxy games?

That doesn't make sense. Sensor bars only require a power source, they're not affected by how powerful your computer is.

Yeah, I agree... but I'm just making sure. Why the wiimote would work on one game but not another has me totally baffled.