Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there any way to make this PC run Skyward Sword smoother?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I figured I should get a new thread for this one.

Simple, I'm playing Zelda Skyward Sword with wiimote and it's not really smooth. Tried the performance guide but it doesn't really help and what they says I should change in text doesn't match with the pictures so it's confusing as well.
For a while it was very much playable with 95-100% but for some reason it started dipping down to like 60-80% after a restart in the same area.
I'm only just started playing and still barely left the beginning of the game.

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 970 3,5 Ghz (Overclocked to 4,0 Ghz)
AMD Radeon HD 6950 1GB (Overclocked to 945Mhz)
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit

I know my CPU is crap but I can't really upgrade my system atm, besides I'm trying to save up for a powerful laptop.
Right now I got Dolphin version 4.0-6721.
What tweaks can I do? As long I can play it in 1080p, I don't really care about Anti-Aliasing or the other goodies.
My MSI Afterburner tells me that my graphics card is only at 30-40% usage all the time, but my CPU is from 80-100% and it's pretty much my CPU slowing the game down.

Well, what can I do? Anyone that can share their settings that gave them a performance boost in Skyward Sword?
Thanks!
Nevermind, I got the game working very smoothly with good visual quality.
(07-22-2015, 01:00 AM)ShaggyWolfe Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I got the game working very smoothly with good visual quality.

You should consider posting what you had to do to fix the problem, even if it was something silly or stupid that you missed. Could help the next person. I always hate searching for issues I'm having and the person just posts something like this saying they fixed it but not how. Consider that this info could potentially help someone else.

Thanks.
Yeah, you might want to post what you did to fix it so google searchers that stumble on this thread can try it.

Relevant XKCD https://xkcd.com/979/