Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I need help with the emulator!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I'd first like to thank anyone who could help me solve this issue, and to say that if my laptop's hardware just isn't good enough, tell me so I don't spend anymore time struggling to make it work.

I have been using Dolphin for a few days, playing stuff and the original L3g0 Star W4rs (sorry about that spelling. I don't know if 'm breaking some kind of law) at 100% performance. But as soon as I play games like, per say, Shad0w th3 H3dg3h0g (again, don't know about legal issues) the game lags and only runs at 50% speed. I have tried watching several different videos and tutorials about setting it up for optimal performance, and even started using Razer Cortex to boost my game, and it still runs slow. I would like to have someone with more programming or technical experience then I do to tell me if I can boost games such as those mentioned above, or if I can't.

Here are my laptop specs:
     Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
     Ram: 4 GB (3.89 Usable)
     System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor
     Computer: ACPI x64-based PC
     I'm using an ASUS Laptop.
     I'm using Dolphin version 3.0

Again, any help I could get would be appreciated. And, also again, please tell me if this is just a lost cause because of my computer specs because I don't want to waste anymore time trying to make it work.

Spelling game names correctly isn't illegal Tongue

Anyway, 3.0 is old and bad. Download the latest development version of Dolphin instead and see if it runs better.
I've tried running it on the most recent version, and it runs about the same. I read something somewhere that the older versions (Before 3.5) were more stable, so I tried those and found it ran a little better, but only the sound was better, the game was still slow. I do have though both Dolphin 3.0 and 4 on my computer. I'll check for any more recent versions and try those out.
Found a new version from 3 hours ago (interpret that to whatever time zone you're in). Trying it out.
Okay. So I tried playing Shadow the Hedgehog again, since that is the one I'm having problems with, and it still runs slow, but at certain points if there aren't too many moving things, the game runs at a max of 80%. At any time something is moving the game it only reaches 50%.
You have an Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) CPU, stuck at 1.80 Ghz. Your CPU is too slow.
Slow cpu and no gpu, its normal the intel hd 4000 is a graphic chipset and it was never been made for gaming. You need a better cpu and graphic card for play in good conditions.
Okay. Thanks for telling me. Now I don't have to waste anymore time trying to mess with the settings to make it work. I was thinking about getting a new laptop anyway, so I'll see what I can get and if dolphin will run better on it.