Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin startup crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

charkin788

After adding Super Paper Mario to the ISO directory, Dolphin crashes immediately after launch. I can't seem to update to latest developer version, because my saves file doesn't seem to be in my dolphin x64 file. It first happened immediately after adding to the ISO directory. THis is the first game I have added to it.
EDIT: I got the save thing sorted, but even on the new version (Before saves are imported) still crashes on launch.
All of Dolphin's user data (save files, configs, save states, etc) are stored in "Documents/Dolphin Emulator", so to update just backup the old Dolphin-x64 directory and download the latest development build.

charkin788

Thanks! I was looking in the wrong folder apparently... One more thing though. Do you know if State saves can be imported or just standard saves (Unlikely but just in case, I would hate to lose my saves)
Savestates generally don't work across different Dolphin versions, but there are exceptions if two versions are very close to each other.
Save states and save files should be in the "Dolphin Emulator" folder, so they should just carry over to the new version without problems. However, the format of the save state data may change in new development versions, making old save states unusable in newer versions. Save files (like files on Memory Cards) should not give you any problems and be compatible across versions.

charkin788

(07-19-2015, 05:17 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]All of Dolphin's user data (save files, configs, save states, etc) are stored in "Documents/Dolphin Emulator", so to update just backup the old Dolphin-x64 directory and download the latest development build.

I got the save thing sorted, but even on the new ersion (Before saves are imported) still crashes on launch.