Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My CPU is I7 5930K@4.3GHZ and GPU GTX 980, so i'm always using LLE sound, because I can easily Get full speed on all of my games. My question is which audio backend is better quality/has more accurate emulation? I have good virtual surround headphones (yep the surround in them is actually pretty good), So I would like to enjoy surround in supported games. OpenAL with Pro Logic 2 is the only way to use surrund in the dolphin? If it's better than Xaudio 2, what latency Should I use, Considering My PC can easily get full speed on all of my games?
Xaudio has lower latency, but openAL has time stretching (you probably don't need anyway) and Pro Logic 2.
(07-18-2015, 12:03 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Xaudio has lower latency, but openAL has time stretching (you probably don't need anyway) and Pro Logic 2.
Yep I don't need time stretching, I want the best serround quality. Xaudio2 supports surround?
(07-18-2015, 12:14 AM)DolphinPC Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2015, 12:03 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Xaudio has lower latency, but openAL has time stretching (you probably don't need anyway) and Pro Logic 2.
Yep I don't need time stretching, I want the best serround quality. Xaudio2 supports surround?

Nope, that was the point.