Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When video glitches will be fixed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All latest revisions (4.0 and up) have glitches in videos. They seem to be related to texture filtering.
In earlier revisions (3.5 for example) they could be fixed by turning off "Force texture filtering" and setting "texture filtering" to "1". But now that doesn't help, and this makes poor impression in a lot of games
(NFS ProStreet, NFS Carbon, Just Dance series, Excite Truck and a lot of others)
[Image: XA43mjW.jpg?1]
I believe this issue can be fixed by Dolphin developers with no problems, so why this major bug is still there?
It is a problem that shows up with nvidia cards after the tev fixes merge. Ati cards don't have this problem i think.
This only happens in D3D I think. And it is not caused by the tev fixes, it is more recent than that. I used to be able to play Fire Emblem fine with D3D but now there are yellow squares on 2d sprites with D3D. OpenGL does not have this problem with texture filtering off.
(07-18-2015, 08:53 PM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]This only happens in D3D I think.  And it is not caused by the tev fixes, it is more recent than that.  I used to be able to play Fire Emblem fine with D3D but now there are yellow squares on 2d sprites with D3D.  OpenGL does not have this problem with texture filtering off.
All games where this issue occured was tested both on ogl and d3d so i doubt that D3D is the cause. Maybe your problem had another reason not related to video glitches.
(07-17-2015, 09:36 PM)zaozabot Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this issue can be fixed by Dolphin developers with no problems, so why this major bug is still there?

Indeed, those lazy dolphin devs don't care about fixing any of that. I pay taxes and those taxes pay their Dolphin salaries. They only care about the big bucks and not about making a good impression.