Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Specs of my Customized cybertron Pc. Will it handle dolphin decently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I know that i could probably build a pc and shave about 150-200$ off of this. But i decided i can spend the money. Also, I am just copying the cybertronPC print, so it contains some useless info.

I just want a pc that can run mgs 5, Street fighter 5, and some emulators. Is this pc good enough to run dolphin decently?

Processor AMD FX 6300 3.50GHz Hexa-Core AM3+ RET

Motherboard MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX) AM3 V X16 2D3 M16 GL R MATX

Memory 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Memory 2 2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Memory 3 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Memory 4 2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2GB GDDR3

Hard Drive Toshiba 1TB 3.5 SATA3 7200RPM 32MB Cache

RAID Type RAID JBOD Array - Spanned

Optical Drive (None)

Chassis X-Sniper2 Black / Blue Chassis

Power Supply Ultra 600W PSU

Network Card 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Onboard

Keyboard Logitech USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo

O/S Microsoft Windows 8.1 32/64bit COA

Here is the link to the pc customization page: http://cybertronpc.com/customkititems.as...ew=details

Oh, and sorry admin89, thanks for the recommended build though!
I'd maybe keep it at 8 GB of RAM and try to put that towards a 750 Ti or AMD equivalent, there's a huge performance jump in anything GPU-wise between those and the likes of a 740

Some of the PSU names I see scare me in the sense that I've never heard of them nor do I know who manufactures them; chances are that some of them will blow out pretty good (aside from that Antec/SeaSonic/that name I can't remember PSU sitting down the list). ALSO you can't really do a RAID unless you've got multiple drives, just FYI

Quote:But i decided i can spend the money

(I can get ye a list that costs ~$10 more but has much better potential)
Thanks, i wasnt sure if i should focus on video or memory. Im new into pc gaming and wanna upgrade from my 200$, malware ridden stovetop that could only run ppsspp.
(07-17-2015, 10:23 AM)piccolo289 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, i wasnt sure if i should focus on video or memory. Im new into pc gaming and wanna upgrade from my 200$, malware ridden stovetop that could only run ppsspp.

Memory really shouldn't be too heavily considered unless if, like me, you tend to run with a bunch of chrome tabs/background processes/VMs/heavy file compression throughout the day IMO
Amd processors aren't ideal for dolphin.
That entire build is just vastly underpowered, even for PC gaming. You really should build your own with an Intel CPU inside
You see, the thing is i really only wanna play games that can at least run at medium. I dont mind 720p either, ( That's what my monitor res is anyway) Maybe 2x AA. Im not looking to do 1080p gaming with shadows and textures on high. Just whatever settings that will let me run the game about as stable as the PS4/ Xbox one. Also, the only new releases i wanna play is MGS 5, and maybe fallout.
It's still really underpowered. I can't customize on their website for some reason, but here's a build I made that's only like $700, and way better.: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nrmgator/saved/WKC9TW
LThat looks pretty good and I may use it if you guys think this other one off the site i found isnt good (It has a Intel Processor, which i hear is Good for dolphin and works well with nvidia cards.

Processor Intel Core i5-4670 3.40GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81M-H 1150 CV x16 2D3 M16 GL MATX

Memory 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Memory 2 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5

Hard Drive Toshiba 1TB 3.5 SATA3 7200RPM 32MB 3.5"

Optical Drive (None)

Chassis Strike-X One MATX Tower No PSU Red Chassis

Power Supply Ultra 500W PSU Low Noise PSU

Network Card 2 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Onboard

Keyboard Logitech USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo

O/S Microsoft Windows 8.1 32/64bit COA

(Im fine with spending a few extra if i dont hafta build a PC)

The Base PC: http://cybertronpc.com/customkititems.as...=customize

Edit: I went for a 750 ti, rounding the cost to about 780 dollars
Lower clocked CPU, less RAM, slower GPU, and no optical drive compared to the build I linked.