Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Semi-Upgraded Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this laptop as a gift a year and a half ago and I just installed more ram. My question is which settings should I configure the latest build of dolphin to get the best performance out of the lightest of games like maybe sonic adventure 2 battle and such.

Here are my laptops specifications:

Intel Core i5-3317u @1.7GHz (4 CPUs)
8 gigs of DDR3 ram (2 x 4gig ram sticks)
Graphics card: Intel HD 4000
Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, build 9600)
Running DX11
(07-17-2015, 07:00 AM)damasta Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed more ram.

with 4 CPUs at 1.7 8GB of ram won't do you a whole lot of good. you can't run games very well at that clock speed, even with a haswell
(07-17-2015, 07:35 AM)I NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2015, 07:00 AM)damasta Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed more ram.

with 4 CPUs at 1.7 8GB of ram won't do you a whole lot of good. you can't run games very well at that clock speed, even with a haswell

That does not answer my question. I asked how I can configure the emulator to get the best performance out of what I have. I mentioned the more ram to state that I now have two of the same four gig ram sticks (dual channel)
First check this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
Then use the latest dev. build and not the stable one as is faster.
Make sure your power is plugged in.
Leave all settings on default, the only thing you may have to lower is the IR if anything. But yeah other than that the CPU will hold you back.