Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does using PAL or NTSC version of the game make any difference for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any differences when playing PAL and NTSC versions of games in Dolphin? Is the emulation quality identical or is there divergency in resolution/frame rate as when playing the games on a GameCube or Wii console?
PAL runs at 25/50 fps, NTSC runs at 30/60 fps. This is what it does on consoles, and in Dolphin also.
(07-17-2015, 06:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]PAL runs at 25/50 fps, NTSC runs at 30/60 fps. This is what it does on consoles, and in Dolphin also.

I have to avoid purchasing PAL games then. Does this only apply to GameCube games, PAL version of Super Mario Galaxy 2 runs at 60 FPS on Dolphin.
(07-17-2015, 06:46 AM)Sgt. Pepper Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2015, 06:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]PAL runs at 25/50 fps, NTSC runs at 30/60 fps. This is what it does on consoles, and in Dolphin also.

I have to avoid purchasing PAL games then. Does this only apply to GameCube games, PAL version of Super Mario Galaxy 2 runs at 60 FPS on Dolphin.

Dolphin says that all my gamecube games run on 60 fps and they are the pal versions
Some pal games can run at 60 FPS if you select it.
For GC games, hold the B button while the game is booting, and you may get a prompt asking if you want to play in 60 Hz mode. Almost all PAL GC games have a disadvantage of not supporting progressive output on a real console (and holding B is also the way to enable 480p mode on NTSC games), but since Dolphin always displays games progressively, you can play PAL games with progressive output in Dolphin, even though a real console couldn't in most cases.