Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Change the game title & banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was just wondering how to change the title and banner of a game if it's possible. IE: I have a Project M iso and the banner and title is of Brawl's.
To change the name, the method I recommend is to create the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\titles.txt and type this in it:

Code:
RSBEPM = Project M

To change the banner of a Wii game, you have to find the save folder in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\title\ and edit the banner.bin file. You'll probably need a specialized program to create a banner.bin file, and I don't know where you can find one.
Thank you it worked! I knew the banner had something to do with the banner.bin, but I don't know how to edit .bin files. Also, sorry if I'm asking for too much but do you know how to change the maker?
Yes, you have to open the ISO in a hex editor and edit the fifth and sixth bytes. This will change the game ID, so you will need to update titles.txt, and you will also need to rename the custom game INI if you have one. You can only use the IDs on this list: http://www.gametdb.com/WiiCompanies

saiishot

(07-15-2015, 11:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To change the name, the method I recommend is to create the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\titles.txt and type this in it:

Code:
RSBEPM = Project M

To change the banner of a Wii game, you have to find the save folder in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\title\ and edit the banner.bin file. You'll probably need a specialized program to create a banner.bin file, and I don't know where you can find one.

do you know how to change a gamecube banner?
(01-23-2021, 12:49 AM)saiishot Wrote: [ -> ]do you know how to change a gamecube banner?

You would have to change the opening.bnr file inside the ISO.