Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Data gone after switching users???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KawaiiUsername

Hello. I played Xenoblade Chronicals for an hour yesterday. I share this computer with somebody and when he switched to his account, then I got on mine, Xenoblade Chronicals had NO DATA!! Angry Yes, I saved. Same goes for wind waker, Pokemon Gale of Darkness, and the rest!!
Sorry I dont know the exact specs of my computer, but that has nothing to do with this. Pls help!! Huh
Dolphin data is saved in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator by default (unless you changed it). Since you switched accounts, check on what account is your saves and copy to the desired account you plan to use Dolphin...
You can also create an empty "portable.txt" and put it next to the Dolphin.exe. Then the saves and everything will the stored in this folder. This way you can use the same settings and saves on both user accounts. You can also copy your Dolphin folder from documents there to use your old saves, in case you found them.