Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A very specific audio problem with newest Dolphin versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a strange audio bug using the newest Dolphin release.

I am currently using a Siberia Elite Prism headset from Steelseries and my issues is that when I open up the emulator, my audio starts 'popping'. I've tried having various sources of sound playing when doing this to ensure it wasn't a problem with the actual sound of whatever I was playing, but its not a problem on my end. Even before launching an emulation, the program somehow messes with my headset, because it makes the sound in my headset 'pop' as if the connection is unstable.

So my issue is that somehow Dolphin messes with my headset. If I have the emulator open long enough (without launching a game or anything), the sound eventually disconnects entirely and I have to replug the headset to get any sound at all.. But as soon as I exit Dolphin, all the sound problems vanish.

I have tested different versions of the emulator

4.0-5531-x64 : Sound OK
4.0-6554-x64 : Sound BAD
4.0-7005-x64 : Sound BAD

The problems seem tied to the new releases and not my settings either, as I have tried every different setting under audio in the emulator.. And even then it wouldn't explain why it triggers issues for every sound I hear, not just what I'm trying to emulate

Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can fix it? Right now going back to 5531 isn't an option, since only those later versions have the correct Netplay settings so I can do Project M online.
Can you bisect to find when exactly it changed? Basically you have a range (4.0-5531 to 4.0-6554) and you test the middle one, eliminating half of your possible revisions. Do that 3-4 times and you should have your culprit!
I'll give that a shot and come back, see which one messed me up
Right, so I've been cycling through downloads in segments now and this is what I found. The breaking version seems to be 4.0-6138. The previous downloadable version 6135 has no audio issues then with 6138, I get the clicking sound and eventual complete audio breakdown of my headphones
Odd... 4.0-6138 doesn't have anything to do with audio.

EDIT: Oh oh oh oh! Those wouldn't happen to be USB headphones would they?! Try it over the analog connection!
Yeah, its USB headphones! Sadly I don't have a analog alternative. That sucks, think there's a fix coming in future releases?
Well I wasn't able to reproduce it on my Turtlebeach PX-22 (which has a USB thing like that). Can you describe the popping? Does it make all sounds pop even outside of the emulator?
Yeah, every source of sound begins to pop and crackle. Like very small intervals of the sound vanishing for 0.5 seconds and then coming back with a crackle sound. It might be the driver for the headset, Steelseries engine that isn't compatible with the emulator somehow
Wouldn't this be related to GC Adapter support and its polling issues with libusb? Seems related to issue 8552...
Please try PR2744 (https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-2744-d...est-x64.7z) and disable "Direct Connect". Does that fix your issue?
Pages: 1 2