Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical Glitches in game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HughOfIlia

I have been using Dolphin for about a year now and when I first started playing Path of Radiance on it, it ran a bit slow, but I was able to understand that due to the level of my hardware. I recently wanted to play through Path of Radiance a second time because it is one of my all time favourite games but there are new graphical glitches that I did not experience the first time I played through the game on Dolphin. These include cut-scenes becoming a mess of different coloured pixels and strange grey boxes around characters. This may be to do with my graphical settings and I was wondering what would be the optimal settings for my hardware. Please check my profile and try to help me out with my predicament.
Can you post a screenshot of the graphical issues? Can you also list your Dolphin settings (or take screenshots of them preferably)?

Additionally, are you still using 4.0.2? If you updated Dolphin revision (and forgot to change your profile) I do believe Intel HD IGPs have certain issues with Dolphin (though I'm not familiar with what they are specifically these days). One last question, can you think of anything software-wise or hardware-wise that may have changed on your end?
Might well be related to your Intel HD and its drivers. I'm not familiar with Celeron's iGPU capabilities or driver state, but Haswell drivers are rather good today and glitches with Dolphin are rare.
-> update the latest Intel HD drivers
-> use the latest Dolphin Development build. Create an empty portable.txt next to Dolphin.exe after extracting the package.
-> post back the result, including the used driver version and some screenshots of the glitches. Also use default settings in Dolphin when testing.
Try using a different video backend, and also try turning anisotropic filtering to 1x, and forced texture filtering off.