Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HD textures and 3D Causes Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently running build dolphin-master-4.0-6986-x64 and I'm having issues with Dolphin crashing when I run the game in 3DVision with HD textures enabled. This is happening while using Xenoblade HD textures and Twilight Princess HD textures. (Any of them, but bigger packs crash faster.)
Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate increases crash rate.

Crash Log:
Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Dolphin.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    559e86e2
  Fault Module Name:    nvwgf2umx.dll
  Fault Module Version:    9.18.13.4752
  Fault Module Timestamp:    54d3afa6
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000000000004eead
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    ef4b
  Additional Information 2:    ef4b1f9ac4ba43d6a7b616bdb0831a1b
  Additional Information 3:    d615
  Additional Information 4:    d615e70c4b864e1db41707431088b301

Settings:
Graphics:
V-Sync
Fullscreen
Show FPS
Hide Mouse Cursor
1280x720, force 16:9
4x Native
No AA
16x Anisotropic
Scaled EFB Copy
Nvidia 3D Vision On
EFB Ignore Format Changes
Store EFB Copies to Texture Only
Texture Cache Fast
Disable XFB
Fast Depth Calculation
Disable Bounding Box
Load Custom Textures
Prefetch Custom Textures
Enable Progressive Scan

This appears to be a crash from a nVidia DLL, but is there something that can be done in Dolphin to mitigate this?
It's your GPU driver crashing so it's either related to your GPU or the drivers.

You're running pretty old drivers. Any reason for that?
Try the latest drivers and see if you still get the issue.
(07-12-2015, 05:19 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Any reason for that?

I'm not him, but this is the main reason why I'm still using 350.12: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...r-to-use-/
I could try a different driver version, but I'm not sure it will help. I had this happen on a more recent driver as well - 352 or something. If you're not familiar with nVidia drivers lately, they're really bad, worse if you're trying to do anything 3D. 347.52 is currently the last good driver for 3dVision.

The GPU driver is crashing, but I was wondering if it's something that Dolphin is doing to cause it to crash. I can run the game fine in 3D no crashes. It runs with HD textures sans 3D for a while longer than with 3D, but it eventually crashes there as well. Could it be something with this newer Prefetch Custom Textures feature?

Could I possibly get more data from the crash by hooking a Visual Studio debugger to Dolphin?

EDIT:
I got the crashing to stop. I think the solution was opening nVidia control panel and disabling all driver graphics options/enhancements on Dolphin.exe as well as forcing it to run on only one graphics card.