Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't load a saved file after region change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I've recently undubed the PAL version Skies of Arcadia Legends, the game was working well but at 25fps, since the audio comes from the japanese version that runs at 30fps, audio was not sync.

So I converted the PAL game to NTSC-J (by changing the GAMEID with the Xenoblade patch). Now the game runs at 30fps, with JAP audio and multilanguage texts but when I save my game, close the game and open it again, I can't load my file. I can only start a new game.

The save file is in MemoryCardA.JAP.raw, but the game does not see it.

If I export this file to .gci, edit the GAMEID of the file to the PAL version, it works well on the PAL version.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the save file contains the name of a place, I think that the JAP or NTSC game don't recognize this place name, therefore it can't load it, on the contrary of the PAL version.

Anyone has a solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried the Dolphin configuration option "Force console as NTSC-J" by any chance? If not, maybe try that, but otherwise I cannot suggest anything else because I have not tried converting a game's region, and therefore never had this issue.
It's not working, thanks anyway.

Well the PAL version seems impossible to undub.
There's a 30/60 fps patch for Baten Kaitos. Maybe you could track down who made that, and get him to make one for Skies of Arcadia Legends. Or maybe somebody is able to reverse it and apply it to other games.
The patch convert a game from PAL to NTSC-J, that's why it's running at 30fps instead of 60fps.

THe best option would be to keep the region as it is and to make it work at 30fps.
The Baten Kaitos patch/AR code does that. Just tried it, load my old save, create a new one and load it again. No problems at all.
I'm still getting 25fps (I've used this AR codes and enabled cheats). Also starting the game by pressing B don't force it to run at 60hz.

I will ask Ralf about it. Thanks.
Ok guys, I contacted Ralf, and he hacked Skies of Arcadia Legends PAL:

Quote:Encrypted Action Replay code format:

Enable 60Hz Mode [Ralf]
B65A-W7MB-UBP0E
RT6D-QRNP-V1PXY
E4Z0-8YBJ-C4W02

RAW AR & WiiRD/Gecko code format:

Enable 60Hz Mode [Ralf]
04241FC8 38600000
042FEE50 00000014

It works!
This code should be added to the database.

Edit: I have edited the wiki:

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ds#Patches