Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, Fire Temple Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started to play The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition on Dolphin and was wondering if there is a mod or AR code to get the original Fire Temple song back into the game. I understand that this version of Ocarina of Time is 1.2 which has the altered music. Again, I am new to Dolphin so I do not know if this modification is even possible, please let me know.
It probably could be modded, but I doubt it will happen.
Doesn't the game disc contain an N64 ROM that simply can be replaced with an older version? That can be done with the Virtual Console version, at least...
That probably an even better idea then what I was thinking Tongue
(07-11-2015, 08:02 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't the game disc contain an N64 ROM that simply can be replaced with an older version? That can be done with the Virtual Console version, at least...

This post made me try it. I replaced the ROM with the V1.0 version and it worked, but there are a few sound effects problems, Z targetting is made with Z button instead of L, and L shows/hides the map. And most importantly, you can't save. It doesn't trigger the Gamecube memory card saving (and it didn't have any saves to begin with), so every time you reload the game, the save is gone.

Oh, well, at least the moon symbols are just textures that can be replaced (like the HD texture pack does), but changing the green Ganondorf's blood (if it's a texture, I missed it when I retextured that part. I'll have to check again) and the new Fire Temple music would have been great.
It's probably possible with a ROM hack and a PPF/IPS patch to distribute it. Almost anything is possible with a ROM hack.
http://i.imgur.com/4k5sGnh.png

That was just editing text which is easy. The only hard part is figuring out hex value 01 seems to mean "new line". In the case of switching the buttons, it would probably require hunting down the differences in the V1.2 (U) and (GC) roms that applies to buttons/saving, then applying what was learned to the V1.0 (U) version. Doing something more complicating like this is most likely beyond me but it might be worth getting someone motivated who can do it on the romhacking forum. Might even be possible to bring over the GC button textures in such a patch to V1.0, although that may enter a gray area.
If anyone is interested I did find a video and file about this topic link I do not know if it works yet, I have not figured out how to patch a rom with the .ppf file. If anyone knows how please let me know.
The easiest way is using a program called PPF-O-Matic. Select the file you want to patch as "ISO" file, and select the PPF file as the "Patch" then hit apply.
(07-15-2015, 11:37 PM)Slugfoot Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone is interested I did find a video and file about this topic link I do not know if it works yet, I have not figured out how to patch a rom with the .ppf file. If anyone knows how please let me know.

I'm pretty sure that patch won't work because that is for the MQ Debug ROM...