Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just recently upgraded my laptop OS...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've recently upgraded my laptop OS from Windows 7 Ultimate x86 to Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center. After setting up my laptop, I just realized that now I can use programs only for 64-bit OS. Which means I can now use Dolphin x64 version, but since I'm in a 64-bit OS, are there any recommended settings for 64-bit only?

Edit : I've just downloaded Dolphin 4.0.2 x64 and Dolphin 4.0-6982 to test the performance on the same settings as the 4.0.2 x86 version. Both runs Super Smash Bros. Brawl smoothly, but the 4.0-6982 crashes upon stopping the emulation.
(07-11-2015, 01:31 AM)JovianPat Wrote: [ -> ]since I'm in a 64-bit OS, are there any recommended settings for 64-bit only?

The best settings for 64-bit are the same as for 32-bit. Nothing special.

(07-11-2015, 01:31 AM)JovianPat Wrote: [ -> ]the 4.0-6982 crashes upon stopping the emulation.

Does Dolphin crash and stop (either with an error message or without), or does it stop responding without quitting (maybe with a black screen)?
(07-11-2015, 02:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Does Dolphin crash and stop (either with an error message or without), or does it stop responding without quitting (maybe with a black screen)?

It just crashes with a usual error message from Windows, "Dolphin.exe is not responding." But strangely, it appears after changing some settings (I forgot which one) the crash never happens again. So does this mean Dolphin has moods? Tongue
Unless Dolphin needs some psychological assessments done (ahem...im an aspiring and a work in progress neuropsychologist...ahem) there's no reason why you should miss diagnose the poor emulator =)

This sounds like the infamous exclusive fullscreen bug. By any chance does this crash happen when you go full screen? If so you might have enable borderless fullscreen to prevent it.
(07-11-2015, 03:35 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless Dolphin needs some psychological assessments done (ahem...im an aspiring and a work in progress neuropsychologist...ahem) there's no reason why you should miss diagnose the poor emulator  =)

This sounds like the infamous exclusive fullscreen bug. By any chance does this crash happen when you go full screen? If so you might have enable borderless fullscreen to prevent it.

I never play on full screen, actually. Mainly because I tend to do something else or change some settings while playing. So far so good, though.