Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can Not Start Games From Wii Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love Dolphin, but I need help with the Wii menu. I have the Wii menu installed and I know how to install games to the menu. But my problem is this, whenever I try to start a Virtual Console game from the Wii menu the screen fades to black and it just takes me back to the main Wii menu screen instead of loading the game.Whenever I load a disc image from the Wii menu it works great. It just will not load the VC Wads. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, and not A Dolphin problem. Could someone please help me with this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(07-09-2015, 05:43 AM)appollo147 Wrote: [ -> ]I love Dolphin, but I need help with the Wii menu. I have the Wii menu installed and I know how to install games to the menu. But my problem is this, whenever I try to start a Virtual Console game from the Wii menu the screen fades to black and it just takes me back to the main Wii menu screen instead of loading the game.Whenever I load a disc image from the Wii menu it works great. It just will not load the VC Wads. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, and not A Dolphin problem. Could someone please help me with this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have no idea ether cause sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt i just wish that dolphin devs would make it a fully functioning wii os
You shouldn't be loading stuff from the Wii menu anyway. Just use the gamelist; launching stuff from the Wii menu frequently doesn't apply the right settings, and it's just janky in general.
Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.