Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Scooby Doo First Frights - Progressive scan glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I wasn't sure where to put this exactly but since the recent 50/60Hz fixes I noticed that Scooby Doo - First Frights had gained a flickering white box that takes up almost a quarter of the screen from the top left. After a bit of testing I realised that it was because the game was now running in 60Hz mode instead of 50Hz and that if the progressive scan option was selected it would cause the flicker.

I did some tests on my console and the game works fine in 480p (in fact, it's how I normally play it on my Wii). If you disable the progressive scan option in Dolphin then it runs fine in 60Hz / 480i. It also seems to affect the OpenGL plugin a lot more but I did get a little flicker at the start when using Direct3D instead. I even went back and tried a few of the older versions by loading it via the disc loader in the Wii menu to ensure it ran in 60Hz and got the same glitch.

Like I said, I wasn't sure whether this is really a game specific bug or some general glitch with the progressive scan option so sorry if this isn't the best place for this post. The game is pretty much perfect otherwise but I thought I'd mention the glitch as I'm assuming it's not expected behaviour.

I can provide a screenshot or two if it's of any help?

anis mohamed anis

i has the same problem did u fix it ?