Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about Zelda TP 3D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. Excuse me if this isn't the right section for my question, but it involves a lot of things.

First of all, thanks to the pacient guys who told me to try the latest version of dolphin, because it works faster than the old ones (if I remember correctly, they were admin89, tueidj, NKF98, Major, and Shonumi) and it also allows me to run Zelda Twilight Princess in 3D stereo with HD textures (it runs at 30 fps, but that's more than enough, and sound works great!). I know I can be headstrong, so, thanks.
Second, I'd like to thank kirbypuff for the Ishiiruka build of Dolphin, it works great, although not faster, but it has a few more options that came in very handy.
Third, the game runs perfect at 30 fps, I applied the AR code for the correct 16:9 aspect ratio that is mentioned in the Zelda Twilight Princess thread. I'm using version 4.0-6953 (it was the latest when I downloaded it). There are two problems only:
1) The game has slowdowns. I could solve them with the Ishiiruka build with the option of Full Async Shader compilation. I didn't see that option in the official build. Is there anyway to activate it? No more slowdows after that. I mean, the game runs at 30 fps, but constantly. Without it, it has slowdowns (in the official version).
2) The water, in 3D stereo mode, any of them, it looks... wrong. It's like it has a different depth than the surface when you look at it from above. For example, in the beginning of the game, in Ordon village, when you look at the pier from the other side of the river, it looks fine above the water, but beneath it, it's like the pier is further or closer than it should be. This happens in both DirectX and OpenGL mode, with or without both the screen hacks (the one native to the emulator, and the one with the AR Code).
That's all. Other than that, the game runs amazingly in 3D stereo with HD textures, with no problem whatsoever.
Here are my specs:

Core2Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Motherboard intel DP35DP, Nvidia GeForce N560GTX.

Here is the setup for the emulator that I'm using right now. I tried every possible combination I could think of, I even tried the game with every enhancement and no hack at all, but none of those problems are solved by doing that.
By the way, the AR Code widescreen hack works also with the Stretch to Window aspect ratio, that's the reason I have it selected.

[Image: thump_9410084hacks.jpg]

[Image: thump_9410083general.jpg]

[Image: thump_9410082enhancements.jpg]

[Image: thump_9410081dolphin-configuratio.jpg]

[Image: thump_9410080audio.jpg]

[Image: thump_9410079advanced.jpg]
does the game have slowdowns in specific parts or just kind of sporadically? or is it consistent? ishiiruka might just be a better choice for you in this specific circumstance it seems like
(07-07-2015, 10:05 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]does the game have slowdowns in specific parts or just kind of sporadically? or is it consistent? ishiiruka might just be a better choice for you in this specific circumstance it seems like

I haven't played the game for long, but it looks like it happens when the camera switches from a close place to distant places, the game returns to normal speed after the distant place goes off the camera. Is there anything that can be done about the 3D beneath the water?
The water problem is probably related to using the widescreen code, but it's hard to say for sure since you didn't post a screenshot of it.
(Please don't use that same image host again, it's full of ads/popups/redirectors. Just use imgur.)
(07-07-2015, 11:29 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]The water problem is probably related to using the widescreen code, but it's hard to say for sure since you didn't post a screenshot of it.
(Please don't use that same image host again, it's full of ads/popups/redirectors. Just use imgur.)

Thanks for imgur. I didn't knew it. Here's an screenshot made with the emulator:

[Image: qa0hrMe.jpg]

I don't think it's the widescreen hacks, because here's an image in 4:3 mode:

[Image: aPa4WZi.jpg]
and the problem remains.
Ideas?
That would be the stereo mode hacks not adjusting the model projections used for lighting/reflections.
(07-07-2015, 01:33 PM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]That would be the stereo mode hacks not adjusting the model projections used for lighting/reflections.

Sorry for the second image, it wasn't took properly. I fixed it. How about now? The second image is 4:3 stretch to window.
It's just an incompatibility with how 3D mode is implemented vs. how the game draws reflections, there's nothing you can do to fix it.
(07-07-2015, 03:53 PM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]It's just an incompatibility with how 3D mode is implemented vs. how the game draws reflections, there's nothing you can do to fix it.

Okay. Thanks anyway.
Another similar issue happens with Super Mario Sunshine. The heat effect is misplaced, making the game "unplayable". If there were a code to disable that effect, it would be awesome.

Anyway, finding PC games with 3D water reflections is a rare case. I'm not surprised to find console games with these problems.