Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Request for a specific version of dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there. I initially wanted to post this request in the old game discussion section, but, at least right now when I'm writing, it's closed. I recently updated to windows 64 bit, so I'd like to download a few old versions of Dolphin for 64 bit. Specifically, version 4798, and version 4801. Believe me, I know they are old, and how old they are, but they are the ones that work best in my pc for Metroid Prime 1. I went all the way back to the oldest versions, but these two are so old that they are not even there. Could anybody give me the link to those two versions, but in 64 bit, please?
I don't know where you were looking but they're not too old.

4798: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/c5c...a7bd1f539/
4803 (closest to 4801): https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/e39...48203741d/
No, you misundestood me. I'm not looking for older versions of version 4.0 or 3.0, I mean version SVN r4798. I mean, they are from year, I don't know, may be 2009, o 2010.
that is incredibly old. like, 2011 old. why would you need that. i'm not even sure it's official

really, why do you want a 5 year old version of a constantly evolving emulator?
Here's the thing.
1) In that specific version, the music rarely stop playing. In any other version, it stops playing all the time.
2) In recent versions, the audio is synchronized with the game all the time, I can't change that, or at least, I couldn't find out how to do it. So, since the game works a little bit slow in my pc, an old version in the best choice, because in those slowdowns the sound works perfectly well.
3) I've been using the emulator for a very long time, so I know the correct way to go is to use the latest version, or a stable version. But I use those old versions because they are the best working versions according to my computer, wich I won't be able to change anytime soon. So, all I need are those two versions. Could anyone tell me where to get them?
4) I don't know how else to say this, other than this: I don't mean (at all) to start a discussion about how the latest version is the best. IT IS, I know this for a fact; in a computer than has the hardware to run it properly, which unfortunately isn't my case. I have a Core2Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, Motherboard DP35DP, and a Graphic Card Nvidia N560GTX. I know that my processor is the bottleneck, because every single game I played in the emulator ran, at most, at 30 fps. But that's enough for me, the games are still awesome, the features of the emulator are also awesome (specially the stereoscopic 3d), so it's fine for me to play the games enhacedly, even if they are slow. What I don't like, is the problem that the audio is always synchronized with the game, because, as you can probably imagine, the audio is terrible synchronizing at 30 fps. So, bottomline, I just need those two versions for 64 bit. That's the reason: they are the ones that work best on my pc. I don't (I REALLY don't) mean to sound insentitive, I know you are right about using the latest versions, I just so happens that my hardware can't run them. That's the reason I need those old versions.
we cannot support a build that's 4 years old... if you're having sound problems start a thread about sound problems, it's probably easily fixable. there is no situation in which a build that old will run better than a current one.
If you are going to use a version that old, expect to run into looooots of glitches that don't happen in the latest development version, and these bugs are so old their problems have long since been removed from the wiki, and the forum cannot give you support to work around them. And the games will be slower - the latest development versions are MUCH faster than anything before, even these ancient versions. It is much better to use the latest dev versions with OpenAL's soundstretching on weak machines!

That said, here is what you want. https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/oldbuilds/

Please upgrade your computer, that CPU is almost ten years old now...
The latest development builds are always the best choice if you have good enough hardware.

Since your PC is quite old (you can't expect much from an old Core2 Quad that runs at a really low clockspeed), you should try Tino's unnoficial build optimized for low-end hardware (always up-to-date and based on the latest development source):
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version

If that build is still slow for you and you really need async audio, at least use a build that's newer than the steaming pile of crap you're requesting (LOL, that one is even older than the infamous r6515! Very unstable and buggy).

Try this one, for example:
http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/dolphin...351-x64.7z
Should be silky smooth on "legacy" hardware or underpowered tablets / craptops.

NOTE: Unofficial / old builds are not supported. Also, use them at your own risk.
(07-04-2015, 07:51 PM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]Try this one, for example:
http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/dolphin...351-x64.7z
Should be silky smooth on "legacy" hardware or underpowered tablets / craptops.

NOTE: Unofficial / old builds are not supported. Also, use them at your own risk.

NOTE: It's also against the forum rules to recommend that people use old builds. Like at all.

Global Forum Rules Wrote:We ask that you please refrain from recommending old builds to forum users.

@paraemuladores - If your PC needs old revisions to work, it's likely time for new hardware (I mean, you have to upgrade sooner or later...) If you really want older Dolphin builds, we can't support you. You're on your own (both in finding older revisions and using them). 4.0.2 is as old as we support.
To Major: I understand the problems that the old versions bring, so thanks, I now can download any old version I'll need. I won't need to ask for them again.
To kirbypuff: Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try them.
To Shonumi: Thanks to Major, I won't need to ask for older versions again, so I won't do it. I understad the problem of asking for support for old versions, so I won't do that again either.
To all: About the new hardware, I'll put it like this: I got fired from my job, I had to move again with my dad, and I couldn't get a single job in five years. To that, you have to add that in my country there are laws against buying things that are not fabricated inside the country, and therefore, buying gamer pcs are cosiderably more expensive than in other countries, and that is if you can actually find a place to buy them, which in a small town like mine, there aren't many choices to pick from: they all sell pretty much the same hardware. So, like I said, I won't be able to buy a new pc anytime soon. Please understad that I wouldn't be asking for such old versions if I had any other choice. But, like I said, thanks to Major, I won't have to do it again. And, I understand that there won't be any support for them, so I won't ask for it.
Thanks to all for the advice and the support. I couldn't enjoy such amazingly enhanced games without this forum.
Thanks to all!
Pages: 1 2