Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having sound issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

platesandbowlsforhats

So I built a new pc. My specs are listed where the spec thing is. My previous computer's specs were 8gb of ram, an i7 2600k quad-core processor, and a Radeon HD 6950 2GB video card. I was able to run Xenoblade Chronicles perfectly on that. When I run Xenoblade Chronicles on this computer, I have issues with the sound; issues I can't seem to resolve. The video is fine, mind you. It's ust the audio gets really choppy and distorted. Anyone have an ideal audio setup for a computer using an amd cpu?
are you sure that it's running at 100% all the time?

platesandbowlsforhats

What do you mean? Like I said, the video runs smoothly. Don't have any issues with that. It's just the sound.
well, you're using the same version of Dolphin it seems, the same dumped file, just different hardware. ergo, it makes sense that it's not running 60FPS all the time, which makes laggy and choppy audio
You should upgrade to the latest dev revision and see if the problem persists. Also, which backend are you using.

platesandbowlsforhats

@NKF98

It runs at 30fps. Xenoblade runs at 25fps natively but there's a patch that allows it to run at 30. The frames stay at 30, never going below, so yea, no issues with the video.

@ Kura

I have backend on OpenAL with a latency of 2. I don't really know what settings would be optimal for my setup.
(07-03-2015, 03:04 PM)platesandbowlsforhats Wrote: [ -> ]So I built a new pc. My specs are listed where the spec thing is. My previous computer's specs were 8gb of ram, an i7 2600k quad-core processor, and a Radeon HD 6950 2GB video card. I was able to run Xenoblade Chronicles perfectly on that. When I run Xenoblade Chronicles on this computer, I have issues with the sound; issues I can't seem to resolve. The video is fine, mind you. It's ust the audio gets really choppy and distorted. Anyone have an ideal audio setup for a computer using an amd cpu?

Why did you get a new PC with a slower CPU than your previous one?
(07-04-2015, 01:33 AM)platesandbowlsforhats Wrote: [ -> ]Xenoblade runs at 25fps natively but there's a patch that allows it to run at 30.

There is no need to use the patch. Xenoblade Chronicles supports both 25 fps and 30 fps if you're using the PAL version, and only 30 fps otherwise. The only reason that the patch exists is that older versions of Dolphin had a bug that prevented the 30 fps mode from working on the PAL version.
Try using XAudio2 instead.
ah it's a 30FPS game sorry for the confusion