Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can I help??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lleon23

can I help with development? I don't understand anything in c++, but i want learn it. I start learn him, but i don't know how to use received knowledge on practice. What can advise?
P.S Sorry for bad English. I'm from Russia))
No. You can't just jump into a project without any c++ experience. You have to start from the bottom and build yourself up. First starting at reading code. Understanding and then writing basic code for simple projects. Dolphin is complex and messy.
Also, for emulation you need to know a lot about the console (in this case GC/Wii). Don't ask me how the devs knows so much, there's some documentation to read, but apparently they're hacking the consoles themselves to discover lots of stuff. But don't worry, even if it takes you a few years to become a good programmer there's probably still lot of development left in Dolphin and future emulators to be done. (I'm in your position too, no programming in my school so I'm stuck with psychics and chemistry the next 2 yearsTongue)

Lleon23

Thank you for your answers. I would read books on c + + and try to understand code
You can go to itunes store and download free lectures in computer sciense from Harvard. They start with introducing to how computers work and in the end you should have learned some decent C++. You'll probably have to do the homework to keep up, though 4 first episodes I watched so far I understood fully.