Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to migrate saves from Mac to Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I was finally able to create a bootcamp partition of Windows 8.1 on my Macbook. I've put about 10hrs into Xenoblade Chronicles and would like to take my save file to the Windows Partition because I've heard dolphin will run better there.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do that. I've also got the HD Textue packs downloaded. Is there a way I can copy the entire Dolphin Directory and just use it there? Would that require I use the same version of Dolphin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Right click the game in the game list and select "Open wii save folder". Copy those files to the windows partition, right click and open wii save folder on the windows dolphin, and copy the files in. That's it!
(07-02-2015, 04:57 PM)thedoctoriv Wrote: [ -> ]Would that require I use the same version of Dolphin?
If you are saving using in-game saves (like you should Smile), you can use any version of Dolphin. If you are using savestates, you will need to use the same version or at least a very similar version.
(07-02-2015, 06:27 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Right click the game in the game list and select "Open wii save folder". Copy those files to the windows partition, right click and open wii save folder on the windows dolphin, and copy the files in. That's it!

When I try opening the folder it gives me this error (I've included it as an attachment). Is it trying to open the directory differently than it should?

EDIT: I'm able to navigate to the folder manually. What file type am I looking to for, .bin? or the entire game folder (its saved as a series of numbers)?
If you copy the Dolphin folder, you get all your save files, settings, texture packs and everything else. If you copy the Wii folder, you will get all your Wii save files. If you copy the 00010000/53583450/ folder, you will get your save file for this game only. I don't recommend copying the .bin files individually.