Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Colosseum JP Widescreen Hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted on the thread in the GC support section, but it seems pretty dead, so I'm making a thread here--sorry if I shouldn't have.

Is there a 16:9 widescreen hack code for Pokemon Colosseum JP? Predictably, none of the codes from the Wiki work with the JP version, and the Dolphin widescreen hack predictably causes issues (no surprise there, though).
Are you talking about the black floor glitches? because if so, they happen in the NTSC-U version also.
(07-03-2015, 05:48 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about the black floor glitches? because if so, they happen in the NTSC-U version also.

I don't know what exactly happens, all I know is that widescreen hack causes problems with dynamic shadows according to the Wiki. I wasn't implying it only happens on the NTSC-J version only, sorry if it seemed like I was.
I think that's the black floor glitches?
I thought you were reporting a bug for just NTSC-J, so I wanted check if it was the same one, so no problem.

You made sure you copied the code properly and made sure it was enabled, all while in the latest dev build?

As for the codes themselfves, it looks like it's just the first two lines that have a difference between NTSC and PAl, and between the two PAL versions, its just the first line. So in theory, you just need to fix that first line to make the NTSC code compatible with the japanese version.
(07-03-2015, 08:42 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's the black floor glitches?
I thought you were reporting a bug for just NTSC-J, so I wanted check if it was the same one, so no problem.

You made sure you copied the code properly and made sure it was enabled, all while in the latest dev build?

As for the codes themselfves, it looks like it's just the first two lines that have a difference between NTSC and PAl, and between the two PAL versions, its just the first line. So in theory, you just need to fix that first line to make the NTSC code compatible with the japanese version.

I definitely copy-pasted the code correctly. It's not like the game crashes or doesn't boot if I have the code enabled, it just does nothing. I don't know anything about the format of AR codes, so I wouldn't know how to fix the first lines anyway. I feel like it would be very easy to do for someone who knows what they are doing, but I am not that someone.