Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Project M 3.6 Beta's Beta Knight costume makes Dolphin send an error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Build 6928 (although this also happened in earlier builds). Using Direct3D (also tried OpenGL and got the same results) and my configs are just based on whether the descriptions of the graphics options recommend to check that option or not, except for "Hide cursor", which it's checked.

Like the title says, Project M 3.6 Beta's Beta Knight (concept art Meta Knight) alt costume makes Dolphin throw an error message, something that doesn't happen in a Wii.

For 3.6 Beta, Beta Knight received a graphical update: new shoulder pads and a new sword, and my bet is that it's the sword the thing that makes the emulator crash. The sword he had before, that was the default one with a different gem, was replaced by a completely different one that comes from the original concept art of Meta Knight. What makes it special is the materials (and shaders) that it uses to make it seem like the texture is animated. Here's a link.

The error message appears during the character's entrance in a match. At the beginning of his entrance animation, Meta Knight only has the twisted cape model showing, and then that model is hidden and the rest (except one of the other capes he uses and the wings) appear, and that's the exact moment when the error message takes place. If you go to training mode, where entrance animations aren't played, the error message appears right away.

This is the error message:
Dolphin 6928 Wrote:Error...

Line: 244
File: VertexShaderGen.cpp
Time: 18:41:42

Ignore and continue?
It gives two options: yes and no. Yes makes the game advance one frame and the same error message appears again, while no makes the emulator crash.

This all makes me think that the problem is the way Dolphin handless the sword's shaders.

In case it helps, they used projection mapping for the sword, that works like this:
[Image: n76mPN.gif]

Also, when playing Classic mode and the first opponent turns out to be Sheik, the emulator crashes right before the match begins, sending the exact same error message. However, none of Sheik's costumes have any problems, nor the stage that match takes place in (Hyrule Castle 64). When the first opponent is Link, there are no problems.
You can just turn off panic handlers for now and it'll work. It's not a crash, but a warning.
(07-02-2015, 12:13 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You can just turn off panic handlers for now and it'll work.  It's not a crash, but a warning.

Oh sure, I forgot about that.