Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running into issues with -git builds on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been using 4.0.2 happily for a while for both Wii and GC, but I just got Xenoblade and it is not that fast...

I've seen a few blog posts about speed improvements since 4.0.2 and so I wanted to test with newer builds.

I am running Arch Linux AMD64 up to date and I build from source.
With the latest builds up to about a year ago, when I load xenoblade I only get a white screen...
The border says 0 fps so I'm guessing it is the nintendo screen coming up but so slow I only see the white background so far... (the one that explains about the controller)
Switching from JIT to JITIL makes it work fine, so I guess my issue lies somewhere in the JIT.

From that to commit https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/c...28fe2a2033, I get a black screen instead of the white one and nothing further.... Still 0 fps and htop sees a lot of CPU work. I've tried playing with options but nothing worked...
I am on a build from the previous commit and it works fine, but that is before the speedups I was interested in... :/

I haven't actually found what commit switches from black screen to white screen, since both of them don't work I haven't really cared... I can look it up if needed.

I need to use the -fno-pie to get dolphin working with any revision, even 4.0.2.
I don't know if that relates but I thought I should mention it.

I am using the free Mesa radeonsi drivers.
I am not sure what other information to supply...

Thanks for any help!
try just running the windows version in wine
(07-01-2015, 02:23 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]try just running the windows version in wine

Hmmmmmm I'll try that and see how it works.
Thank you!
I tried and could not get it to run.
Since wine/winetricks are difficult with 64b prefixes that could be why... but to be honest since it's not my end goal to use it dolphin through wine I did not spend too much time trying... The best rating it has on winehq is silver anyway...
Just in case I tried a few GC games as well, and the result is the same.
I tried firing the dolphin debugger, but there it looks like assembly and I have no clue what to do Smile

oh and I was wrong about the white screen being the beginning of the nintendo controller screen.
The nintendo screen is not the full window in white (black borders) whereas my issue is the full window.
FPS are at 0 and VPS at 50-100.
As found on IRC it was related to these 5 lines:
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/c...a2033#diff-
Commenting them allows me to use latest code.
I opened a bug on it, so for now this topic probably can be done with.
Which 5 lines? There's 140 lines in that diff.