Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not playing Mis-Edventures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dragonhiss4

I read in the forum that the game should run fine without special settings. I've tried running it with basic settings (plus higher resolution, anti-aliasing and filtering), but it didn't even give me the little bit of yellow text Dolphin displays in the corner when you start games - it just gave me a full black screen, ever-unchanging. It has to be force quit with Task Manager.

[attachment=13624]

I've tried several other games - Brawl, Future Perfect and Luigi's Mansion run perfectly, and Shadow the Hedgehog ran poorly (if anyone knows why and how to fix this please address that as a question too). I have no idea why it isn't working - for example, I tried a copy of it running on PCSX2 instead and it runs perfectly. But I want to run it on Dolphin, because on PS2 it just looks worse (all PS2 games emulated look grayer and blurrier than the Gamecube version to me)

Here are the graphics settings I'm using:

[attachment=13625]

[attachment=13626]

[attachment=13627]

[attachment=13628]

My Dolphin version is 4.0-6789 x64, though I had this problem before I upgraded as well; whatever version I had before didn't tell me which resolution multiples would be good for 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K and 5K like my current version does, if that helps. I have an i5 4690 and a Zotac GTX 970, with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM.

Hwhut is keeping this from working?
Try deleting the Cahche folder from the Dolphin folder in My Documents.

dragonhiss4

No good. It didn't change anything.
How about the ShaderCache folder?