Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sudden lags after a few minutes of play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

OpeThO

Hi guys, i'm new around here since i didn't had any problems before with dolphin that didn't need more than a few tips from the guides all around the internet about how to configure your emulator to gain proper performance with your personal specs.

The thing is, i have been running Dolphin for a long time i play mainly Project M 3.5, Melee, Mario Bros Wii and Mario Party with my wife, recently i've been getting a reallly weird lag and a very specific one also and coulnd't find anything closer to that in the forums..

i'll use as example Project M and Melee, i used to play for hours with 60FPS 100%, everything in the lowest possible although i tested the game with AF, AA, V-Sync, 1.5x IR and it run smoothly as possible, since i value performance over graphics i kept my config in the lowest possible.. (I'm saying all of this since some people often thinks my pc it's not good enough for dolphin)

So everytime i open Melee or Project M it runs as expected, but after 4-5 games the frames go to 45-55 with 70-80% and you know how laggy that can be, after that it's impossible to play, but here's the tricky part, if i go back to the menu in those games the lag dissappear and if i go back to the character select the lags comes back, i was thinking "maybe it's overheating" i touch my pc and it's warm but not hot (At least not as hot as it gets when i play hours of more demanding games (Even when i could play hours of PM without lag).. i downloaded realtemp saw the numbers and everything is ok, i used throttlestop to configure my processor to run at max while gaming, and still the same,

if you guys could help me out here i would really appreciated because i truly don't have any idea what else to do..

Games gets laggy after 4-5 games (15-20min)
Dolphin does not crash
Been happening for some time, used to be able to play for hours.
Tested temp and it's ok
tested CPU and it's ok
Graphic Drivers up to date

Laptop:
Acer Aspire V3-571G
Intel i5-3210M 2.5Ghz
8GB of RAM
Nvidia Geforce 630M 1GB

Dolphin Version 4.0-6904 (i had 4.0-648)

If i made any grammar mistakes i'm sorry, english it's not my native lenguage.
does it have this problem in 4.0-468? it seems like you didn't have this problem with the old version

OpeThO

It started with the 648 out of nowhere, I was searching for solutions and I saw that the common answer for a lot of cases was to install the most recent development version so I did, I tried to tweak some options looking for better results and couldn't do anything, I'm still with the same problem.. 4-5 games after I get 80%.. If I go to menus it gets 100% but the lags comes back when I enter the character select..