Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "dolphin FIFO is overflowed by GatherPipe ! CPU thread is too fast!"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using Dolphin with two cores, I get the following message popping up once or twice every minute or so: dolphin FIFO is overflowed by GatherPipe ! CPU thread is too fast!
After selecting yes on a few of those messages (selecting no just closes Dolphin) a message pops up about something to do with desyncronisation and how Dolphin will now proceed to hang or crash, right as it proceeds to do the latter. The message wouldn't copy properly but I think you get the jist.

I read about this issue and apparently it has been fixed... but I am using a version later than the one in which it was patched so has it been reintroduced or something? I really don't want to bump it down to one core because it is slower.
What game(s) are you playing?
(07-01-2015, 03:35 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What game(s) are you playing?

The Simpsons Road Rage. I think it might also occur with Animal Crossing - will check right now and report back in 5-10 minutes.
Those are the only two games I have at the moment, but I may obtain more if need be.
(07-01-2015, 03:45 AM)ilikedolphins Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2015, 03:35 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What game(s) are you playing?

The Simpsons Road Rage. I think it might also occur with Animal Crossing - will check right now and report back in 5-10 minutes.
Those are the only two games I have at the moment, but I may obtain more if need be.

Well, Animal Crossing seems to have no issues if that's any help. Will continue playing for a while and will let you know if I run into anything but won't say anything if it all runs smoothly. Just found the panic handler option, but that won't prevent a fatal crash, will it now?
That sounds reasonable, because problems with this in the past have also been limited to a few games.

If it crashes with panic handlers on, it'll crash with panic handlers off too.
Just upgraded to 4.0-6904 (yeesh, building it took a while - I wish the .deb files would work) and despite getting plenty of the same old message, the game didn't crash so I think something between the two versions fixed it for the most part. So, I may just disable panic handlers as the important thing is that it doesn't crash.

I wasn't looking out for this issue in this version of Dolphin, but I assume it's still here and that is that the shadows beneath cars overlaps onscreen text, but it's a minor issue. One odd thing I noticed in this version was that the following message popped up while playing:
Illegal command c1
CPBase: 0x002a0620
CPEnd: 0x002e0600
CPHiWatermark: 0x0003c000
CPLoWatermark: 0x00020000
CPReadWriteDistance: 0x0002f5e0
CPWritePointer: 0x002b6a20
CPReadPointer: 0x002c7440
CPBreakpoint: 0x00000000
bFF_GPReadEnable: true
bFF_BPEnable: false
bFF_BPInt: false
bFF_Breakpoint: false
bFF_GPLinkEnable: true
bFF_HiWatermarkInt: true
bFF_LoWatermarkInt: false

It didn't cause a crash or anything. Does that mean anything to you (or anyone)?
your profile says you have ubuntu 15.04, you shouldn't have to build anything?
(07-01-2015, 02:19 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]your profile says you have ubuntu 15.04, you shouldn't have to build anything?

I can install from the .deb files but I have no idea how to run it afterwards as it installs to dolphin-emu-master which I have no idea how to run as typing that into the command line just pops up with command not found. Building it installs to dolphin-emu, which runs fine. Only thing there is that I can't uninstall it, but that's okay.