Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Don't understand why Resident Evil runs badly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game is not running as well as I thought it would. Just got this new computer. It's running Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros perfectly but not this game (GC version). I think my PC can handle. Without framelimit, it goes super fast, with auto, it stays at around 25 fps. It's clearly sluggish though.

I compared it to videos on YouTube with people with worse PCs and they run it perfectly. The voices when they enter the mansion sound fine for then, on mine they sound like they are talking slow.

PC specs are on my profile. I'm running the very latest version but I've also tried the latest stable version, as well as stable versions of 3.5 and 3.0.

I'm running it with default settings. Default resolution, etc. It's got to be something other than my PC. Making graphics better doesn't decrease performance, like going to 1080p and adding anti-alias.

I already checked the game thread and posted there but that may not get too many views.
Whats the MD5 sum of the game iso?
(07-03-2015, 06:05 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the MD5 sum of the game iso?

Thank you! I researched about checksums and that was the problem, it wasn't matching. All is well now.