Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bounding box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I'm currently using the Dolphin isshiruka 374(8840550) version. Whatever games I play it seems to micro stutter. I have given up trying to solve that issue. However, I just realised theres the option of bounding box. Mine was set to GPU all along is that the best setting for performance. What exactly is the bounding box option and what should it be set to for maximum performance (smoothness).
Yo,
Bounding Box is a feature needed to correctly emulate some effects in a few games like Paper Mario. It's a very demanding feature that was not supposed to have performance impact on games that don't use it, but it does sometimes. You can disable it for most games. Maybe it will improve smoothness, maybe not, depending on your game.
On Master, I believe it's disabled by default, and only enabled via games custom settings.
also the main forums don't support ishiiruka, so if you want to use it you have to ask Tino for help in his thread
Ishiiruka is unofficial and not supported on the forum (outside of its thread anyway). If you don't know what you are doing, please use the official builds of Dolphin!

And we don't support Ishiiruka so I'm closing this thread.