Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator doesn't work on my notebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vxvendetta

Hi, I'd like to say a great "thank you" to all the staff of Dolphin Emulation. You are doing a good work and I watched a lot of wonderful videos on youtube.
I wonder if I can use this emulator on my notebook: I've tried all the guides, all versions, all updates (graphic card, direct-x) but I can't start playing.

I have these specifics:
Operating System: Microsoft XP Home Edition SP 3
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X600 256 MB (Hypermemory: 512 MB)

When I start playing a game (I'm interessed in Batman Begins and it works on Dolphin, see the videos on youtube!) it seems to work: if I use Dolphin Direct3D plugin it makes me choise the languages and gives me a loading screen (see image)
but soon it appears an error window: (see the image)
[Image: errordv.jpg].

If I use the Dolphin OpenGL plugin it shows me a yellow window (see the image) and then a light blue one (see the image).

I think I have all the requirements to play Dolphin, so what is wrong? Do I have to install something I don't have? Please help me!
May your configuration is wrong ? Or your Notebook is not good enough.... Sad
u need to get another 1gb ram stick or dolphin wont work at all
also your gfx card supports opengl 2.0, dolphin needs 2.1 so u will need to use the dx9 plugin.

MarioMadness

(09-10-2009, 07:06 PM)vxvendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'd like to say a great "thank you" to all the staff of Dolphin Emulation. You are doing a good work and I watched a lot of wonderful videos on youtube.
I wonder if I can use this emulator on my notebook: I've tried all the guides, all versions, all updates (graphic card, direct-x) but I can't start playing.

I have these specifics:
Operating System: Microsoft XP Home Edition SP 3
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X600 256 MB (Hypermemory: 512 MB)

When I start playing a game (I'm interessed in Batman Begins and it works on Dolphin, see the videos on youtube!) it seems to work: if I use Dolphin Direct3D plugin it makes me choise the languages and gives me a loading screen (see image)
but soon it appears an error window: (see the image)
[Image: errordv.jpg].

If I use the Dolphin OpenGL plugin it shows me a yellow window (see the image) and then a light blue one (see the image).

I think I have all the requirements to play Dolphin, so what is wrong? Do I have to install something I don't have? Please help me!

Well Accourding to your pic it said you havnt turned on dual core mode ( in Config) and your Using JitIL So that Chould be your problem right there. Turn on Dual core mode And use Dolphin.exe And the game might work Oh And Dont use the pal Version of the game. And I think the DirectX9 plugin is broken on the rev your using

vxvendetta

If the problem is my configuration where can I find a good guide which could help me? I found on google something but no one works.
If the problem is the RAM memory is it the same if I increase the Windows virtual RAM? I tried but I had the same problem. Other ideas? Thank you for your help!
for the configuration You should ask some of the moderator's like Daco or nosound =)
that cpu will be a pain to get easy to emulate games like brawl to half speed
there should be a guide somewhere in the forums..look under the support forums.
Batman Begins doesn't work in latest revisions

vxvendetta

I tried all your suggestions but it doesn't work. I surrender but I would like to say you all a great "thank you" anyway. I hope to buy a new computer soon, so I would be able to play with Dolphin also Wii Games! See you soon!