Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Forced 16:9 / Borderless fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I have two questions:

1. Is there any way I can set the "Force 16:9" option always on only for a certain game? I'm running a 16:9 hack for Melee that requires this to be enabled, but since I use a front-end to access Dolphin it's uncomfortable to turn it off whenever I want to play a different GC game.

2. With exclusive fullscreen, I can't quit Dolphin crashes my PC upon stopping emulation: it keeps functioning, as proven by the music player and the fact that I can still click on the icons of the taskbar and open programs, but I can't actually click or see anything because everything is overshadowed by Dolphin's collapsed black screen. Because of this I'm currently using borderless fullscreen, which doesn't crash anything but, on the description, mentions "slightly increases input latency, makes movement less smooth and slightly decreases performance". Can anybody explain this further? I don't care about input latency, but what about the rest? Is this just a precautionary message or does it effectively make run games slower? Is it for all games? How many FPS are we talking about? I get slowdowns on both modes so I can't really tell for myself.

Thanks.
(06-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Antibiotics Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there, I have two questions:

1. Is there any way I can set the "Force 16:9" option always on only for a certain game? I'm running a 16:9 hack for Melee that requires this to be enabled, but since I use a front-end to access Dolphin it's uncomfortable to turn it off whenever I want to play a different GC game.

2. With exclusive fullscreen, I can't quit Dolphin crashes my PC upon stopping emulation: it keeps functioning, as proven by the music player and the fact that I can still click on the icons of the taskbar and open programs, but I can't actually click or see anything because everything is overshadowed by Dolphin's collapsed black screen. Because of this I'm currently using borderless fullscreen, which doesn't crash anything but, on the description, mentions "slightly increases input latency, makes movement less smooth and slightly decreases performance". Can anybody explain this further? I don't care about input latency, but what about the rest? Is this just a precautionary message or does it effectively make run games slower? Is it for all games? How many FPS are we talking about? I get slowdowns on both modes so I can't really tell for myself.

Thanks.

Hello hello Smile

I will try to answer your questions:
1. You can disable/enable a lot of options for single games. This is done via the agme specific game.ini. Please have a look In this post.

2. It is not only the FPS drops, you will also get input lags. (In Borderless fullscreen)
That you can't exit from fullscreen in exclusive mode is a known bug and a developer is already looking into it.
A Workaround would be that you, prior to exit the emulation, switch to windowed mode by "Alt+Return" combination. After that the emulation will stop normally via "esc".

Hope i could help.
Sno0t
(06-26-2015, 04:15 PM)Sno0t Wrote: [ -> ]Hello hello Smile

I will try to answer your questions:
1. You can disable/enable a lot of options for single games. This is done via the agme specific game.ini. Please have a look  In this post.

2. It is not only the FPS drops, you will also get input lags. (In Borderless fullscreen)
That you can't exit from fullscreen in exclusive mode is a known bug and a developer is already looking into it.
A Workaround would be that you, prior to exit the emulation, switch to windowed mode by "Alt+Return" combination. After that the emulation will stop normally via "esc".

Hope i could help.
Sno0t

I'm glad there's a system to preserve game-specific configurations. It's also good to know the exclusive mode problem has been reported and hopefully worked on! Guess I'll have to exit with Alt+Tab for now. Thanks for responding!!
Note! It's not Alt+Tab, but Alt+Enter Wink
Whoops, that's I meant hehe.