Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: metroid prime 2 echoes problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran into an error while playing, and have no idea what it means.  There was about 3 other similar errors afterward, but I didn't think to screenshot them at the time.  Is this something I need to worry about?

EDIT
Forgot a few things. I'm running on windows 7 profesional 64 bit, cpu is an i7-3770, graphics card is an nvidia GT 620, and ram is 12GB. Dolphin version is 4.0-6885. I was using direct3D at the time of the error, texture cache is set to fast(slider all the way to the right) XFB is disabled, i have ignore format changes checked, i have fast depth calculations checked, and I have disable bounding box checked. All other boxes in the graphics section are unchecked. I'm use HLE sound, and dual core is enabled. Anti-aliasing is disabled, and anisotropic filtering is set to 1x, resoluition is set to native.

EDIT AGAIN
Oops forgot to mention, playing the GameCube version of the game and NTSC-U region.

[Image: Metroid%20Prime%202%20error.png]
There were a few bugs earlier, but they should have been fixed by now. Trying to think of why this would come up conventionally. Is it consistent? Random? reproduceable through doing something?

There MIGHT be failed vertex shader in Dolphin's log folder as well, not sure based on the popup you posted. If there is and it's related, please upload it somewhere.
sorry i've played another game since running into the error, so the most recent log wouldn't be from this game. However if i run into it again, i'll see about uploading the log file. At the time the error occurred I had just transformed into a morph ball with a nearby door open, though I don't know if that was related or not, i'm guessing it was just random.

EDIT
Okay it looks like i can't play the game in openGL. Tried with the same settings as above, and that got me a green screen where I should have seen the main menu. Green with one or 2 of the floating lines of the menu seeable everything else invisible. Guess i'll be playing in direct3D.
I reproduced the issue.