Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do you replace music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this gamecube game that im playing on dolphin I was wondering how do I replace the music with my own? I click dump audio but I don't know what to do next.
You would have to extract the contents of the game, swap the original music files with new music files of the same format, and then build a new ISO to play. Unlike textures, Dolphin doesn't have an easy way to load external files for any other file types.
What game is it? I may or may not know the format it uses.
(06-26-2015, 03:09 PM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]You would have to extract the contents of the game, swap the original music files with new music files of the same format, and then build a new ISO to play. Unlike textures, Dolphin doesn't have an easy way to load external files for any other file types.
And how do I do that?
(06-26-2015, 07:20 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]What game is it? I may or may not know the format it uses.

soulcalibur 2
Luckily, Soulcaliber 2 appears to use .adx, which is a super-common format for video games. All you'll need to do is track down a copy of adxenc.exe (just Google it), and then use the tool on this page to replace the game's files.
(06-27-2015, 05:34 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily, Soulcaliber 2 appears to use .adx, which is a super-common format for video games. All you'll need to do is track down a copy of adxenc.exe (just Google it), and then use the tool on this page to replace the game's files.
thank you so much.
This thread actually was pretty useful in explaining the formats and procedure. I wonder how much effort it will take me to swap the music out of Skies of Arcadia Legends for the DC versions.
Glad this thread turned out to be useful, however, in the future please be mindful of our rules against necroposting:

Quote:In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

Feel free to start a new thread once you start work on Skies of Arcadia if you need help. Also feel free to share your results once you've finished or make some progress. Such a project would be a nice fit for our game mods forum.