Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD freezes at prologue screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new so all of this is new to me also and this is my first time using Dolphin on a MacBook Pro. I tried playing it, but when it gets to the chapter screen (which I guess is the prologue), the game suddenly crashed and i can't get past it. Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to fix this? I don't know what information I need to post here, so if somebody can ask me stuff I can get it. Yeah I know I'm probably a n00b but I really wanna play this game.
This game is unstable with Dual Core, I used to get this crash at this same spot with dual core enabled and certain HD textures.

Try Config > Uncheck Enable Dual Core (speedup) and the crash shouldn't happen.
Wow that simple huh? That goes to show you that I AM stupid. >_<
Hmm... I can get the game to work with dual core.
If you get an FPS/VPS desync in dualcore, the game can crash. Many weaker GPUs struggle with hardware bounding box. Hell, many fairly strong ones do too.
OK. I got Dolphin 4.0-6904 HOWEVER at the prologue screen ONCE AGAIN, the game freezes up on me. And I have Enable Dual Core (speedup) unchecked. What do I do now?
That means that your computer doesn't support hardware bounding box.
So there is nothing I can do then?
Anybody know?
You can use the software renderer if you want to run the game at unplayable speeds. Other than that, the only option I can think of is going back to an older version, like 4.0.2.
Pages: 1 2