Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slow-mo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simple problem. My framerate is 30-35 ingame, but it plays like it's in slow-mo. I timed it, and it appears as if It's passing one second of gameplay for every two seconds of actual time.

For what it's worth, I only know it happens in Melee. (No other games to test with)
Try setting watchdog to 15 in "configure". You need Orleans' build for the watchdog patch. (Note it won't work for all games, Melee is of the few)
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html

Frame skipping is another option, but the first one should be better.

If you're wondering about the reason, it's because most GC/Wii games are set to run in 60 FPS, and 30 FPS will mean half speed, unlike PC games which can adapt the framerate to your graphic card's power. (Dolphin hardly even uses the graphic card, most of the work is done by the CPU)
1. You are not giving enough information for anyone to be helpful for you.
I suggest you read up on this sticky.
How to ask a Question in Dolphin

2. If you having a problem with Melee, I suggest you read through the melee thread and place your problem there instead.
Super Smash Brothers Melee Thread
Tried frameskipping, it didn't even skip the frames, just kept playing same speed.

But I see now. I never thought about how the consoles are different as far as not being able to adapt times.

I'll try that fix, thanks.

EDIT: Jedikevin, I did not post this in the Melee thread as it might pertain to other games. But I think I have the fix now anyway. I don't think there's much more information I could've given, as hardware wouldn't effect this (you already got my framerate). Perhaps Dolphin rev. number could be something, but KHRZ has helped me anyway. Thanks for your time.
(09-10-2009, 05:33 AM)HeroicHero Wrote: [ -> ]Simple problem. My framerate is 30-35 ingame, but it plays like it's in slow-mo. I timed it, and it appears as if It's passing one second of gameplay for every two seconds of actual time.

For what it's worth, I only know it happens in Melee. (No other games to test with)

As I understand it many games on consoles are defined to run on 50 or 60 fps depending on video format (ntsc/pal), and it will appear smooth with that fps number.
When you only run at 30 fps it runs at half realtime.
This does not apply to every game however.

Maybe someone knows more about this?
Is it possible to "tell" a game that the "real time" framerate is 30 instead of 60?

Morkeleb