Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Suddenly Being Unusually Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is after moving to a new computer, but I've used it on this computer at least once before, and this didn't happen. Basically, everything about it is slow--loading the game list, starting a game, even exiting a game takes multiple seconds longer than it used to. Playing a game itself isn't laggy, but every time something is loaded, it takes a noticeable amount of time. This is all on 4.0-6803. When I used Dolphin before and it wasn't slow, I was using a slightly older build, so it could be something to do with that, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something important. Just as a side note, I copied over my GUD from the old computer, so my settings are all the same as they were back there--but this was also the case when Dolphin wasn't being slow. I also made a profile in Nvidia Control Panel and set the appropriate power management settings, etc., so I don't think it's that.

EDIT: Just downloaded an older version, and this was still happening, so it doesn't seem to be a PR or something that caused this. What else should I look for? It seems to me that basically everything that requires loading is slowed way down.
Use portable.txt to isolate each version completely, and see if it still does it.
I tried doing this with multiple versions (I even went really far back to 4.0-1420), but the behavior was the same on each one, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with Dolphin itself or with my GUD. What computer settings, etc. should I be looking at? I'm starting to get worried.
What are the specs?
CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M
16GB RAM

I also have two hard drives; one is an SSD and the other is a regular HDD, but at the moment everything is on the SSD.

Considering it worked once before, I have to imagine it's some program/service I installed, but I have no idea what to look for.
EDIT: The huge loading problems seem to be gone for now, but I've run into another problem: massive frame dropping for unknown reasons. Should I start a new topic?

EDIT 2: Frame dropping also fixed. No more problems, sorry for the trouble.