Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Full Dolphin Reset?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Viper1Jock

Yesterday, I logged into my computer to find that dolphin has been completely reset, including all of my save states (Dolphin and non-dolphin). All of my mappings have gone, and I had to re-add the directory for my iso's into the browser. Does anyone know why this happened, or if it can be reversed? Also, the information in the top left corner of the screen when you start a game was gone before this happened, and now its back. It was gone and working fine for more than a year with no problems.
Dolphin's data is usually stored in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator. Did anything happen to that folder recently?

Viper1Jock

(06-15-2015, 01:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin's data is usually stored in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator. Did anything happen to that folder recently?

FML...
I thought it was an old version of dolphin, so I deleted it.
Time to go Spend countless hours trying to restore everything to the way it was.
Can you not restore the recycle bin?

Viper1Jock

(06-15-2015, 01:47 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not restore the recycle bin?

No, but I can get the ShadowCopy of the folder and just restore that.

Viper1Jock

Well... I got the folder back, but now whenever I try to launch a Wii game, not a GC game, It crashed on load. Just a white screen.

Edit: I also notice that in the Wii config, the Aspect ratio is at 4:3 and the system language is Japanese, whenever I try to change these values, I get the return "Failed to updated country code in SYSCONF" and they reset when I close the window.
It sounds like you restored a corrupt version of the folder. If you can at least salvage your game saves, just copy them somewhere else and then delete the folder again. Reconfiguring Dolphin is easy, but recovering your game progress would take a lot longer.
Try deleting only the SYSCONF file and let Dolphin regenerate it. However, your Wii saves may be corrupt as well...