Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is My PC good enuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Flare

title
Additional Info About Flare
Operating System: Windows 7 x32 bit
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.0Ghz
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Memory/RAM: Integrated RAMDAC 793 MB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0
Sex: Male
Downloading Games is against the rules:
I'd rather not be banned, so I won't talk about downloading games
Are you using Dolphin 3.5-367?:
I am using a Dolphin version from the official website https://dolphin-emu.org/
Your computer is very outdated and won't run anything well.

Flare

do you think it could play fire emblem path of radiance?
(06-13-2015, 08:34 AM)Flare Wrote: [ -> ]do you think it could play fire emblem path of radiance?
First- Dolphin cannot run at all on 32-bit systems anymore.

Second- As someone who used to attempt to emulate GC games on ancient hardware, tweaking settings and searching out speedhacks in search of playable performance, blah blah blah... trust me, it isn't worth it. Best case, you get a game or two borderline tolerable and play through them with frequent drops and stuttering. Worst case, you just wasted hours and the game is still completely intolerable.

Just emulate other, less demanding consoles for now. When you do get a modern computer, you can come back to all the GC games and play them perfectly.
(06-13-2015, 08:54 AM)IVCrumpet Wrote: [ -> ]First- Dolphin cannot run at all on 32-bit systems anymore

are older versions illegal? plus he can always just reinstall the OS, i think that Athlon has 64bit support
(06-13-2015, 11:23 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]are older versions illegal? plus he can always just reinstall the OS, i think that Athlon has 64bit support
Quite true. My second point was the more relevant one.
@Flare: your computer is slow and old. The best course of action is to get a new one. If you give us a budget, we can help you build a great Dolphin machine.