Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS gone worse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Somehow my fps has just gone from bad to worse. It was not smooth before when I play games since the fps drops about 2-3 frames. I tried moving the rom files to my D drive. With ishiiruka build I was able to play the games without the smoothness with the async enabled. However, after I moved the rom files now the fps will just drop to 0 for about 2-3 seconds and resume. It's like the game just pause itself for 2-3 seconds. It is very frustating I've set my graphics to the lowest possible and yet no changes. I'm really blank I was able to play at least without the smoothness in the ishiiruka build for about 2-3 days with high settings. Now I set it to the lowest possible and yet sometimes it is unplayable. Is it something to do with my laptop. I updated my Nvidia driver last week but if it was the driver I would not have been able to play during the 2-3 days.
Which games have you tried? And before you used Ishiiruka, which master dev build you used?
ATM punchout wii "Ishiiruka-Dolphin 360 (e08fa67)" to be honest I just googled ishiiruka and found this build. I don't really know how and where to find the latest ishiiruka. I'm sure my MSI gaming laptop is at least able to play Punchout at the minimum settings smoothly I mean it's not Mario Galaxy
Make sure your laptop run at its full potential
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
GTX 860M = GTX 750 .Your GPU can run any game at 3xIR (1920x1584) plus anti-aliasing , 16x AF
(06-13-2015, 01:22 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your laptop run at its full potential
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should

It is set as maximum performance in the Nvidia control panel from the beginning. The issue here is that it keeps pausing itself for 2-3 seconds no matter what settings and no matter where I move the rom folder. It was fine from the beginning but I was greedy to make it as smooth as possible now Punchout it's unplayable since timing is crucial. Either my laptop is broken or something is seriously wrong here. Using the Dragon Gaming Center utility I was the GPU temp is around 50-60 when I was playing it so I don't think it is overheating.
You didn't read the first part , did you ?
Any i7 have turbo boost feature that boost up the CPU speed . If your CPU truly run at 2.5GHz , demanding won't run well
Anyway , check your CPU speed with Realtemp first .
(06-13-2015, 01:37 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't read the first part , did you ?
Any i7 have turbo boost feature that boost up the CPU speed . If your CPU truly run at 2.5GHz , demanding won't run well

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it wasn't anything to with CPU so is my CPU damaged or something why all of a sudden this issue appears? cause if it is it's still under warranty.
Your CPU speed should be 3400MHz or 3.4GHz when you run Dolphin
(06-13-2015, 01:37 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't read the first part , did you ?

So I should set the multiplier to 34(3.4 ghz) is it safe for my laptop though I read the guide you said 'turbo boost' is perfectly safe. With my i7 I don't need to install turbo boost however I would need to set the multiplier via throttlestop and by doing so it is technically overclocking right? So is this safe?
It's probably overheating that make your CPU throttle . MSI has many type of gaming laptop , most of them are thin type . If your laptop is one of 'em.....
Turbo Boost function should work automatically as long as your CPU doesn't overheat ...Set multiplier or not
Throttlestop will stop any throttle and make CPU run as fast as it can . However , if the temp went over 85 degree Celsius , you should stop using Throttlestop
Most laptop use crappy thermal paste which cause overheating issue . If you can disassemble your laptop , wipe out the crappy thermal paste and replace it with IC diamond 7 carat then i'm sure your laptop will run cool
Want to know more about your CPU ? here
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-...084.0.html
Pages: 1 2