Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashes Without Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've recently had this issue where I was playing Ar Rise Fantasia as normally. The game ran fine with no visible problems whatsoever. However I encountered this weird phenomenon where dolphin would lock up with no warning whatsoever. The following occurs: Dolphin locks up inexplicably, very high hard drive I/O occurs which could lock up my OS and make it completely unresponsive. Sometimes killing the Xorg process would let me recover from the lock up if the OS still responds (slowly). Up until now this has occured with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Arc Rise Fantasia. Today the same occured with a little extra detail. I opened KsysGuard and found out that Dolphin (after the interface disappeared) was still active and consuming 100% of cpu cycles from one of my CPU cores. Is there any explemation as of why this happens?
Dolphin can't take up 100% of your CPU usage, so something else unrelated is going on.
(06-11-2015, 09:30 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin can't take up 100% of your CPU usage, so something else unrelated is going on.

Why can't it? If it locks up, it makes perfect sense that it's using 100% of a core.
oops, read it wrong. my b, i read it as Dolphin was using all of his cores
Obviously the crashing bug is still present since so many people are creating new accounts and all the latest threads are saying dolphin is crashing either before the games start or during the game playing or even after quitting (hitting esc). I wish this issue would be publicly addressed since its affecting so many people.

I've just tried the latest build and still experience crashing. And nobody should have to do things like enable exclusive fullscreen or using just the OGL renderer to get a semi stable experience.

(Super appreciate the amazing work that's been put into Dolphin btw)
what on earth do you mean by "publicly addressed"? many of the devs are active on the forums, they're not just ignoring you