Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Distortion(fixed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zalinski

Edit: ISSUE SOLVED

PC Specs

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHZ
Supports SSE2
Running windows in 32bit
P5KC Motherboard
Radeon HD 4850
3.25 GB of RAM
Trying to run Resident Evil 1 for the GameCube.

The problems is that the characters are all distorted(even though its even creepier playing it like this)
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z163/...-41-32.jpg

Is it my OS or can i fix this?
which windows? it should work on all of them, thats a weird bug and i have no idea on the solution lol
It's the plugin itself, i recall the same thing happening to me a while back on Dx plugin. (EWW, It made my Skin Crawl^^)
It was Naruto Clash of a Ninja, the characters had big ass bodies, it was disgusting.
Anyways if you are on the DX convert to Opengl & reverse
Also Further specify your Revision.

Zalinski

(09-09-2009, 01:36 PM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]It's the plugin itself, i recall the same thing happening to me a while back on Dx plugin. (EWW, It made my Skin Crawl^^)
It was Naruto Clash of a Ninja, the characters had big ass bodies, it was disgusting.

I fixed the problem by turning Optimize Quantizers off but now its slow and I get this error "Unknown pointer address prefix 47".
(09-09-2009, 09:49 PM)Zalinski Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2009, 01:36 PM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]It's the plugin itself, i recall the same thing happening to me a while back on Dx plugin. (EWW, It made my Skin Crawl^^)

I fixed the problem by turning Optimize Quantizers off but now its slow and I get this error "Unknown pointer address prefix 47".

Yep, thatss the price to pay. ^ ^
On which revision

Zalinski

(09-10-2009, 08:00 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2009, 09:49 PM)Zalinski Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, thatss the price to pay. ^ ^
On which revision

Edit: Audio issue fixed with "Enable REO Audio Fix"

I've gone though 30 pages on the forum and goten a bit closer to running the game smoothly. I dont have the "prefix 47 problem anymore" but I can't seem to get the cutscenes to go smoothly(always at 15fps) but gameplay is normal. I tried same settings on these versions r2841, 4238, and 3778. Settings where I Disabled Other Audio, Disable Dual Core and Optimize Quant made it laggy and the sounds was weird, gameplay was fine. Settings with Dual core made the Cutscenes normal speed but sounds cut off and I had Chris running like he was on crack, and turning Quant on and Dual off made it go back to laggy, crap sound.

I also messed around with the properties of the game where I turned off/on the dual core and quant while turning the dolphin dual core/quan off/on(no idea why this makes a difference) and after sometime I got the game to run smoothly except for the sound breaking 2 seconds into any cutscene.

Is it my pc or are there other methods I can try?