Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: noob having trouble getting started...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dolphin650

So i'm using a build I found on emu-paradise, and that seems to work the best. It is Dolphin_1546. I have some plug-in errors when I start the app, but it still seems to work. I got my ISO, ikaruga, running smoothly, but I get stuck at the memory card screen. It says my memory card is corrupt, and it won't even let me "continue without saving." I've tried deleted the mem-card files in the Dolphin folder to make fresh ones, but that doesn't seem to work?

What do i need to do?

Thanks in advance.

I'm on vista 32-bit btw.
You could try running one of the latest builds of Dolphin, which you can find here at the site. There were some memory card issues that were fixed long after that particular release, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm surprised that game isn't prompting you to format the memory card for you itself, most GC games do. In any case, try running another game (Super Mario Sunshine, for example) and having that game format your memory card for you, then running yours again.

Your plugin errors are probably because you don't have the latest DirectX package installed from Microsoft. Run the DirectX updater for 9.0c and it will grab the latest version for you, which should fix the plugin issues entirely. If that doesn't do it, which plugins are having issues? You could always (if you're bent on using that revision) download the latest Dolphin, and just transfer the new plugins over into your working version so that you get the plugin fixes, etc, without using the new Dolphin itself.

-gamefreak

Dolphin650

(sorry for posting so many times, I've been playing around with settings to get things to work and have deleted irrelevant posts so that only this one is left)

Thanks! I'm using the latest build, 2745 now, and it doesn't lag as much anymore now that I installed/updated DirectX.

My computer isn't too powerful since it's a laptop, but it does okay:
Intel Core2 Duo, 2.53GHZ
3GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

Using 2745 IL build and OpenSource GL, I found that tweaking graphics settings can greatly change the amount lag, and I was wondering what are the best settings to minimize graphics for speed? Ex. I disabled Idle Skipping, lowered ansiotropic filtering, and disabled material lighting, and that got rid of a lot of the lag.

Also, with the default Dolphin 360 plug-in, is there anyway to customize the buttons, or is it only automatic? Thanks again Smile
yes, you can customize the buttons and keys at kb/x360 pad plugin.