Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: want to know if my pc can run games fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ll Deadpool ll

Im trying to run games at 60 fps and trying to make the game not look so bad graphic wise I want to know if my computer can handle it maybe if move the settings around it will work im able to run fire emblem radiant dawn at 60 fps 1080p screen resolution and the textures are decent but I tried playing smash brawl today and even if I put it on the lowest settings it wont run at 60 fps and it will lag any advice? Also i would like to know if my computer will be able to run most games I plan on playing Legend of zelda Sky ward sword, Mario kart wii, Donkey kong country returns and mabye new super mario bros wii any adice would help thanks my Specs are:

Processor/CPU: AMD A10-6700 Accelerated Processor
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8670D Graphics
Memory/RAM: 8GB DDR3 Ram
Dolphin is very CPU intensive, so no.
Your pc is to slow to run more demanding games at fullspeed.

ll Deadpool ll

Hmm thats too bad atleast im able to run fire emblem at full speed ill try out some other games just in case but thanks anyways

ll Deadpool ll

Do you think I can run some gamecube games?
(06-10-2015, 03:24 PM)ll Deadpool ll Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think I can run some gamecube games?

I don't know, try it out.
AMD CPUs are bad at single threaded performance and Dolphin only uses 2 cores
The fastest AMD CPU atm : FX 8350 @ 5.0GHz is only as fast as a Pentium Haswell 3.2GHz or i3/i5/i7 Haswell @ 3.2GHz . Pentium Haswell Anniversary Edition G3258 @ 4.6GHz ($69) + any Z97 mobo completely destroy it
HD 8670D is another bottleneck , it only as fast as Intel HD 4600 in Dolphin . If you plug in a decent card like HD 7790 or GTX 750 , you will notice speed up
Btw , my PC can run most demanding games full speed at 3xIR (the most demanding game The Last Story included )
Dolphin benefits from a cpu that has more than 2 cores. For one there's the gpu driver thread between Dolphin's gpu thread and the actual gpu. Then there's the lle audio thread, if lle audio is enabled, and using lle on a thread is safe(it's not a zelda ucode audio game). And last but not least, there are background threads from your OS. I read a number of around 20% a 4 core is faster than a 2 core, at the same architecture and clockspeed.

Also, i think, Roque Squadron 3 might be more demanding than the Last Story.

Back to the topic, ll Deadpool ll, some games lag on your system even on 1xIR, because your cpu is too slow. Even with the 4 core advantage, a Pentium G3258 at stock speed would be faster than your cpu. The last resort in trying to get games to play at full speed is to used Dolphin's advanced setting of cpu overclock. And then downclock the emulated cpu to a value below 100%. This might help to run a few games at full speed, but it will do so by reducing the number of frames it displays.