Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low Fps and audio stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stutters every game. I have tried different settings but with little change. The cutscenes run well but when I start playing that's when it lags and the audio stutters.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Celeron Processor N2840 2.16Ghz
Video Card/GPU: Inegrated Intel HD Graphics
Memory/RAM: 2.0 GB
(06-10-2015, 02:22 PM)OilOcean Wrote: [ -> ]Stutters every game. I have tried different settings but with little change. The cutscenes run well but when I start playing that's when it lags and the audio stutters.

The audio stutters, because you can't handle the game at fullspeed and that is also the cause of the lag.
(06-10-2015, 03:11 PM)supermario1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 02:22 PM)OilOcean Wrote: [ -> ]Stutters every game.  I have tried different settings but with little change. The cutscenes run well but when I start playing that's when it lags and the audio stutters.  

The audio stutters, because you can't handle the game at fullspeed and that is also the cause of the lag.

Is there a way to decrease speed?
(06-10-2015, 03:19 PM)OilOcean Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 03:11 PM)supermario1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 02:22 PM)OilOcean Wrote: [ -> ]Stutters every game.  I have tried different settings but with little change. The cutscenes run well but when I start playing that's when it lags and the audio stutters.  

Is there a way to decrease speed?

If you want the audio to work properly even with low speed, you can use the ishiiruka builds with time stretching enabled.
that celeron, along with being a laptop processor, has a clock and architecture that do not work well with dolphin. you will have a hard time getting full speed on any games. the ishiiruka build, as suggested by supermario, has been known to run better on older hardware so it's definitely worth a try, but support is sparse for it. you'll have to ask Tino and post in the ishiiruka thread if you encounter any problems with it
I tried the ishiiruka build and it works a lot better in fullscreen. Still little audio stutter but it's doable Smile